Wherry Dragon Credit Union,
Room 15, City Hall, St Peters Street,
Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1NH
Job title Loans Officer
Application closing date 9 May 2021
Location Wherry Dragon Credit Union, City Hall, Norwich with option of some home working
Salary £24,375 per annum, pro-rata
Position ref WDLOP01
Hours 15 hours per week, permanent contract
(6 months probationary period)
Description An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Loans Officer at Wherry Dragon Credit Union.
The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective customer-oriented service to members of Wherry Dragon Credit Union.
The post holder will determine and grant member loans in accordance with the credit union’s lending policy, and provide guidance to members on borrowing eligibility and other general enquiries.
The post holder will report to the Business Manager and be required to provide reports and policy recommendations to the Board of Directors.
The role will work in partnership with internal and external agencies and provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of people from all backgrounds so good interpersonal skills are essential; the post holder must be able to analyse information and make appropriate decisions applying policy, guidelines and judgement.
Applicants must have
- Knowledge of the Credit Unions Act 1979
- Knowledge of the Credit Unions sourcebook (CREDS)
- Excellent numeracy, literacy, ICT skills, administrative and investigative skills
- Experience of working in a financial organisation delivering excellent customer service
Applicants will be
- Able to take ownership of own decisions, referring to others if there is no obvious solution
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines, with attention to detail
- Able to adapt to change and embrace new ways of working
- An excellent team player and able to work independently in a positive and constructive manner
There is an expectation that the successful applicant will be or will become a member of Wherry Dragon Credit Union.
For more information regarding the role, please contact Ian Leather, Business Manager via email on [email protected]
To apply for the position please send your CV and a covering email highlighting your relevant skills and attributes for the post to: [email protected]
Closing date: 9 May 2021
Interviews: 17 & 20 May 2021
(virtually or face to face: to be agreed with applicant)